Example for Date of purchase: The member formally exchanges contracts.
Note or Ownership: The interest in the home can be a controlling interest or an equal share, and may be either legal or equitable.
- Three members buy an equal third share in a home. They rent it out when posted out of the home's location. When one of the members returns to the home's location, the member is taken to own the home.
- The member is the sole beneficiary of a trust. Their dependant is the trustee who holds the legal title. The home is still the member's because they have an equitable interest in it.
- The member's home is mortgaged to a lender. The member is still taken to own the home even though the lender also has an interest in it.
Note for Resident child carer: A resident child carer is not provided at Commonwealth expense. This relationship is an arrangement between the member and the child carer.
Note for Serviced apartment: The following would be regarded as suitable cooking and dining facilities.
- A kitchen separate from bedrooms.
- A stove with two rings and an oven.
- A microwave.
- A suitable sized refrigerator.
- A sink for washing dishes, with hot water supply.
- A pantry or other food storage area.
- Enough pots, pans, cutlery and crockery for the member or dependants.
- A dining table and dining chairs.
7.1.14A Adult child
7.1.15 Flexible housing trial member
7.1.16 Posting location
Examples for item 10:
- A member is posted to Newcastle. They are given permission to live at Singleton. Their posting location extends to Singleton. They are only eligible for the rent ceiling for Singleton as it has the lower rent ceiling.
- A member is posted to Singleton. They are given permission to live in Newcastle. Their posting location extends to Newcastle. They are still only eligible for the rent ceiling for Singleton, as it has the lower rent ceiling.
7.1.17 Puckapunyal housing trial member
Note: Members who are posted to the Puckapunyal Military Area after 12 October 2022 may be eligible to participated in the flexible housing trial under section 7.1.15.