Example for Date of purchase: The member formally exchanges contracts.
Note or Ownership: The interest in the home can be a controlling interest or an equal share, and may be either legal or equitable.
- Three members buy an equal third share in a home. They rent it out when posted out of the home's location. When one of the members returns to the home's location, the member is taken to own the home.
- The member's home is mortgaged to a lender. The member is still taken to own the home even though the lender also has an interest in it.
Note for Resident child carer: A resident child carer is not provided at Commonwealth expense. This relationship is an arrangement between the member and the child carer.
Note for Serviced apartment: The following would be regarded as suitable cooking and dining facilities.
- A kitchen separate from bedrooms.
- A stove with two rings and an oven.
- A microwave.
- A suitable sized refrigerator.
- A sink for washing dishes, with hot water supply.
- A pantry or other food storage area.
- Enough pots, pans, cutlery and crockery for the member or dependants.
- A dining table and dining chairs.