Skip to main content

When you can get education assistance

If your child turns 18 before they finish secondary school, you’ll keep getting education assistance until they finish school.


Education assistance in your posting location

Education assistance in Australia

If your child remains in Australia with their other parent, their education assistance won't change.

If your child was in boarding school before your long-term posting overseas, there may be a limit on the accommodation costs you can claim.

Apply for education assistance

More about this topic


Subscribe here to receive monthly updates on ADF pay and conditions information.