Skip to main content

If you're travelling for more than 10 hours but not overnight, you may be eligible for part day travelling allowance

Costs of the journey

If you travel by another way, you'll only get what you would have received if you had travelled in the most economical way.


If you hold the rank of Major (or equivalent) or lower and living-in accommodation (LIA) is available on base, you must stay in LIA unless you've been approved to stay elsewhere.

Meals and incidentals

You can't use the DTC or travelling allowance to pay for alcohol or voluntary tips. 

Pay for travel costs

Another member can use their DTC to pay for your travel costs but can't withdraw cash for your approved meals and incidentals.


Subscribe here to receive monthly updates on ADF pay and conditions information.