Skip to main content

You may also get temporary accommodation allowance if you need to stay in temporary accommodation before you leave Australia.

When you can get the allowance

If your partner is an ADF member or an APS employee, only the partner who's getting the overseas allowances will get the settling-in allowance and settling-out allowance. 

Work out how much you’ll get

The allowance is considered a fringe benefit but not FBT reportable. It may affect your tax assessable income.

When the allowance starts and stops


Subscribe here to receive monthly updates on ADF pay and conditions information.