Skip to main content



Having your child live with you overseas doesn't categorise you as accompanied if your partner stays in Australia.

Family changes

If your dependants will be away from your posting location for longer than 28 days, it may affect your overseas allowances. Check with your OAT Case Manager.

Visit the Afghanistan Inquiry website for information and welfare support regarding The Inspector-General of the Australian Defence Force’s (IGADF) Afghanistan Inquiry.