Skip to main content

Who can get the allowance

Work out how much you can get

The allowance is considered a fringe benefit but not FBT reportable. It may affect your tax assessable income. 

When the allowance starts and stops

If you leave the posting location temporarily

If your family makeup or living arrangements change while you’re overseas or you or your family leave your posting location temporarily, you need to inform your Commanding Officer and your Overseas Administration Team (OAT) Case Manager before you leave or within 14 days of the change in your circumstances.

References in the pay and conditions manual (PACMAN)


Subscribe here to receive monthly updates on ADF pay and conditions information.